212




Solo Leveling Chapter 212


"Isn't that Hunter Sung?"

"Where?"

"Oh my god ... That's the real Hunter Sung Jin-woo! "

Many visitors had come to the amusement park on the weekend. Those who saw Jin-woo gave him a curious and startled look.

"Who is the woman next to him? His girlfriend?"

“Wait. It’s not .. Hunter … that’s Hunter Cha Hae-in isn’t it?”

“Oh my god! Jackpot!”

“What! Were you two always dating?”

She was a woman who did not get caught up easily in the movements of those around her.

Cha Hae-in dropped her head low and said to the person next to hear, “Do you like this?”

Jin-woo smiled and said, “I don’t really like it, but I always wanted to come.”

Looking at Jin-woo’s child-like smile, Cha Hae-in realized that her heart was beating faster than ever. The man next to him was a Hunter distinguished even amongst S-Class hunters. Cha Hae-in’s cheeks burned so hotly that it distracted her from the loud sound of hear beating heart.

In order to learn the attention back on Jin-woo, she asked, “Why did you come to see me now?”

“Because you are the only friend I have.”

“Really?”

“When did you decide to that we had become friends, Hunter Sung?”

Cha Hae-in lifted her head and met Jin-woo’s mischievous smile as she asked.

“I think it was that strange statue.” Jin-woo replied.


That day.

On that day Cha Hae-in entered a Double Dungeon to save Jin-woo and an angel there had asked her, [What is your relationship with Sung Jin-woo?]

… a friend.

Perhaps Jin-woo had remembered hearing her answer then.

“Did you hear that?”

“I heard you. I have a better ear than most.”

“But … what was that strange dungeon?”

This was a question that deserved an explanation at some point. But Jin-woo didn’t know how to answer it.

“I’ll tell you when I’ve collected my thoughts. I cannot say exactly what it is right now.”

Cha Hae-in nodded in reply. Then the conversation was interrupted for a moment. Jin-woo looked around.

“Look over here!”

“I’m a fan of Hunter Sung!”

Mobs of people were swarming around them as if a famous celebrity was walking on the street. Nowadays there were more people familiar with Jin-woo’s face than some of the movie industry’s superstars. After the ultra high-level gate was formed, Jin-woo’s face was visible no matter which TV channel you turned on.

Jin-woo laughed in amusement.

However he did not want to be interrupted during a time that was meant to be a break.

‘Come out.’

At this, Jin-woo’s personal bodyguards appeared.

Ygritte and the elite Knights.

Thirty knights came out of the shadows and encircled Jin-woo and Cha Hae-in as they walked.


Ygritte was especially careful to go to where he noticed cameras and wagged his fingers disapprovingly in front of them.

Hae-in was embarrassed to be walking escorted by 30 knights.

“Wouldn’t this make us much more noticable?”

“Well at least we won’t have to deal with their eyes.”

Cha Hae-in was someone persuaded by this reasoning. She felt more comfortable because the eyes of people that were constantly on her had suddenly been obstructed.

How often has it been since I have gone out without feeling noticed by everyone around me constantly?

It had been over two years since she had become a Hunter. During this time she had never felt at ease. She had to constantly be on he guard to protect herself, her teammates and to prevent mistakes.

But. It’s different when I’m with him.

A man who can be self-sufficient.

With Jin-woo I feel like I can just be a single human. A woman. Without the obligations to live up to the expectations of my teammates who rely on me.

Unbeknownst to Jin-woo, Cha Hae-in’s cheeks turned even redder.

This smell. I ...

Seeing Cha Hae-in, who’s face shone even more brightly, Jin-woo almost regretted it.

I should have done this earlier.

Jin-woo looked around and pointed at a ride that fell from a dizzying height to the floor with a sudden drop.

“I’d like to ride that.”

“Sure.”

Jin-woo pointed to other rides.


“What about that one?”

“Okay.”

“Then, what’s next?”

“That’s good.”

“Are you alright?”

“Yes, everything is fine.”

Jin-woo smiled at Cha Hae-in who had answered with a bright smile.

I did not want to come to this place at first.

Jin-woo had put her mind at ease and took her by the wrist to lead her to the nearest rides.

“Well then, let’s get on the ride!”

***

But.

He did not have as much fun as he expected.

* Ahhhh *

* Oh my god! *

Fortunately for Jin-woo, who was sitting in the front of the roller coaster, he got to enjoy the breathtakingly fast-paced scenery zip around him among the screaming riders.

Uh oh. That boy is going to spill his ice cream. Ah … there we go. Wait. Is that a restaurant over there? But it’s still too early to have dinner.

As the roller coaster accelerated, Jin-woo was bored as all of the movement felt as slow as a slow-playing video.

I think I could ride this standing up if I wanted to.

“ … “


Jin-woo resisted the urge to yawn and turned around.

Ygritte and some soldiers were sitting behind him and were screaming happily on the ride. Each of their pulsating facial muscles exuded the thrill and joy they were feeling. Their hearts pounded

On the other hand.

Jin-woo felt his heart beating calming.

I was more excited when I jumped to the face of the giant statue, which was at a higher height than this ride.

And what about when I was being chased by the giant centipede in the desert?

It was at least 100, no, 10,000 times more scary than this.

Jin-woo shook his head quickly to dispel his imagination.

I can’t believe a place like this is reminding me of monsters.

Just as he was worried that he was abnormal, he looked at the person keeping him company who had a similar expression on her face.

They laughed.

Jin-woo asked, “isn’t this fun for you?”

“No … not really.”

It was good to know that he didn’t need to scream his words to drown out the sounds because her senses were also incredibly sharp.

“Didn’t you scream?”

It was the fifth ride that they had gone on. All of them were thrilling but she barely made a sound.

She is also an S-Rank Hunter. Jin-woo may be unusual, but she is also completely extraordinary.

Somehow it was reassuring that he wasn’t alone.


At that moment Jin-woo wanted to show her the world as he had seen it. Sensing Jin-woo’s intentions, Ber tried to dissuade his Lord from the shadows. [My Lord. It can be dangerous for her.]
‘It’s all right. If she falls you will catch her. If you miss … you know what will happen.’ [... I will accept that responsibility my Lord.]
With the interrupting voice disappeared, Jin-woo turned to Cha Hae-in and said, “Would you like to go on an actually fun ride?”

“Actually … fun?”

When the roller coaster stopped Jin-woo walked to the plaza with a curious Cha Hae-in. “Wow!”
People exclaimed when they saw the black knights guarding them.

But soon their excitement turned to screams.

“Ah!!!!”

“What is that?!”

A giant black shadow soldier rose from the space that was ringed by the knights. It flapped its wings and rose to the sky with a roar.

“Kiaaaaaaaak!”

Cha Hae-in, who was the first to see Kaiser in such close proximity, had a similar reaction. “Oh my god!”
Jin-woo beckoned to her the way a gentleman would to a lady about to step into a car. “Come.”
She was stunned to see Jin-woo riding Kaiser’s back.

“You … ride this?”


“I told you didn’t I? A fun ride.”

Not only that, Jin-woo used his [Hand of the Ruler].

“Ah!”

She exclaimed as she was picked up by invisible forces. However Jin-woo wasn’t here just to experience that small shout of surprise.

It was just the beginning.

Jin-woo sat in front of Cha Hae-in and ordered Kaiser.

“Up!”

“Kiaaaak!”

Waiting for this moment, Kaiser flapped his wings and took to the sky.

Looking down at the shrinking people, Cha Hae-in gulped.

Absolutely.

This ride was absolutely different.

Naturally her hands wound around the waist of Jin-woo. Now that they were so high that they could not be seen, Cha Hae-in’s voice grew.

“Hey what’s that over there?”

“Yes?”

“What is that ant doing flying along?”

Jin-woo lifted his eyes to see Ber flying from below to Kaiser.

Jin-woo’s expression leaked a smile without him realizing it.

“That’s a Security Guard!”

“What?”

“Hold on tight!”


Jin-woo felt tightly squeezed by the pressure from Cha Hae-in’s arm wrapped around his waist.

If he was a normal man his back would have been crushed.

That’s how afraid she was.

This ride was already half-successful. Jin-woo said in an excited voice, “Kaiser! Top speed!”

*Kiaaaaaaak!*

As Kaiser flew at top speed, Cha Hae-in finally began to scream.

***

A small dragon flew threw the wind.

Jin-woo, who rode Kaiser, flew to places he could not have gone in the past with Hae-in at his back. They went into the dense rain and wind clouds, flew over the tips of jagged mountains, passed over endless snowplains.

Among all the scenes they viewed, the most beautiful was a sunset from the sea.

Kaiser gradually reduced his speed.

They watched the sun shining in a scarlet sky with the sea breeze blowing slowly on their cheeks as the sun slowly descended into the ocean.

Just like the tinted sky, Hae-in’s eyes glowed as she looked at the beautiful scene.

Suddenly, she became curious.

“Hunter Sung?”

“Yeah?”

“Why did you choose for us to go to the amusement park?”

“Ah. The amusement park … “

Jin-woo was immersed in feelings and spoke his next words slowly.

“That is where my missing father’s gate appeared that took him.”

“Ah.”


The park, which would have closed down if his father failed and the Dungeon broke open, was still crowded with citizens.

At first he had hated his father for leaving his family behind. But now just seeing other families laughing and chatting made him feel like someone was filling up the emptiness.

So that was it.

“So I just wanted to go there someday.”

Hae-in hugged the lonely back of Jin-woo in silence.

Her warmth passed through to him.

“Thank you.” Hae-in murmured.

Jin-woo looked back at this, but it was almost impossible to see her face with her so close to his back.

“Yeah?”

“I just wanted to make sure that … I have always been helped by you.”

On his back, breathing deeply, she felt her heart throbbing all the way up to her throat.

Yes. So that’s why he had done it.

Jin-woo who was now laughing lightly, reversed the direction of Kaiser.

“Where are we going now?”

Jin-woo replied to Cha Hae-in who had asked in an uncomfortable voice, “I want to show you something.”

***

It was Japan they were headed to, not Korea. They flew a long way.

Not only was it a no-man’s land, but even animals avoided the place due to the aura of the place.

Kaiser descended in a wide forested area where even the breaths of tiny creatures could not be heard.


*Kiak*

Jin-woo stepped down from Kaiser. He turned to help Cha Hae-in off.

“Be careful …”

Before Jin-woo reached out his hand, Cha Hae-in shrugged her shoulders.

Jin-woo, who had forgotten her job for a moment, laughed.

“Are we here?”

After seeing more than she could have possibly imagined today, Cha Hae-in looked around with anticipation.

But.

There was nothing to see outside of endless waterfalls. Jin-woo replied as he laid down the blanket he had bought through the system. “Would you like to lie down first, since it’ll be more fun than if I just told you?” “Oh?”


Did I hear him wrong?

However the hearing of the S-Class Hunter was not wrong, and Jin-woo was already on the blanket.

“Come on.”

The heart of Cha Hae-in began to pound.

“Are … you serious?”

Cha Hae-in again tried to confirm the meaning of Jin-woo’s words.

But Jin-woo nodded earnestly.

When he saw the hesitating Cha Hae-in, Jin-woo slowly lied down. Soon Cha Hae-in had lied down besides him.


“Okay, I’ve closed my eyes.”

Jin-woo smiled and replied.

“Now, open them.”

As she opened them, Jin-woo pointed silently to the sky above them.

And the pouring starlight.

“Ahhh … “

In the midst of such a bountiful star-filled sky, Hae-in sighed in relief.

Beautiful.

Apart from “beautiful” are there any other words that could describe this scene.

Jin-woo, who was happy with the reaction of Cha Hae-in, smiled.

“I stopped by here to take care of the Dungeon Break that happened in Japan and then I saw this night sky.”

On that night he had closed his eyes, but it was too bright to sleep. Annoyed, he opened his eyes and saw shooting stars traveling over his head. Just watching the mere sight of the star had filled his heart.

“I thought it would be great if I could see this night sky with someone else.”

A night full of stars in a quiet forest where no sound can be heard.

Jin-woo wanted to share this experience. Fortunately the fact that his companion feltt the same way gave him a strong sense of relief.

He felt himself loosening his mind.

‘Uh … ‘

Jin-woo felt the hand of Cha Hae-in rising to lay on top of the back of his hand.

“... Can I hold it?”

She was already holding it.


Jin-woo smiled and changed the position of his hand so that it could interlock her fingers.

It was cold, but a soft hand of a woman filled his.

It was quiet. Very quiet.

The stars twinkled over their heads.

Nhận xét